Our commitment to Green Building starts at home. In 1998, we made a strategic decision to build our new home incorporating Green concepts: sustainable design and LEED criteria. Our company made choices that emphasize environmentally sensitive materials, energy conservation and natural landscaping. After completing our own sustainable construction project, CG Schmidt now has the unique ability to guide clients through the process based on our own experiences.
Today, we offer all of our clients the opportunity to "go green" and use various LEED standards in their building process. We do this by intelligently managing their first cost to better position their facility for long-term energy savings. Here are just a few recent examples of projects that have used green technologies and LEED standards:LEED Platinum Projects:• FIX Offices - “Living Building Challenge” Carbon Footprint Metric
• Johnson Controls - LEED Platinum, Building #1 RemodelLEED Gold Projects:• UW-Madison - South Campus Union - LEED Gold• Ozaukee Humane Society - LEED Gold
• The Kohler Company Global Communications Building - LEED GoldLEED Silver Projects:• Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin Medical Office Building - LEED Silver• Mayfair Woods - LEED Silver Office Building• Monroe Clinic - LEED Silver Hospital Addition
• SPX - Waukesha Electric Systems ExpansionLEED-Certifiable Projects:• Redeemer United Church of Christ• Milwaukee County Zoo - Education Center• GE Healthcare - New World Headquarters• CG Schmidt Corporate Headquarters
Advice for Going Green
- Clearly define your “wants” and “needs”. For example: air quality improvements, energy goals, use of recycled materials, “zero waste” and day lighting.
- Involve the whole project team from start to finish.
- Stay focused on the process so the project doesn’t stray off course.
LEED Checklist and Energy Management Analysis
If you are interested in a LEED Certified Building and would like a free LEED assessment of your building program, contact Mike Hoadley, one of our LEED Accredited professionals.
Mike Hoadley, PE, LEED AP
CG Schmidt and Green Building Associations
- CG Schmidt was one of the founding members of the Wisconsin Green Building Alliance (WGBA), the only statewide organization at the time to focus on green building.
- CG Schmidt is a member of WasteCap Wisconsin, an organization designed around reducing the volume of waste materials going to landfills in Wisconsin.
- CG Schmidt embraces LEED, the recognized standard for the design, construction and classification of green building.